Oct 12, 2020

Had a wonderful evening last night just having our family back under one roof. 
I do have to say, whatever it is, we probably don't pay nurses enough! I almost (but didn't) forgot his meds. I now have calendars, charts, and spreadsheets to manage every thing!These are Connor's meds and supplies for this month!

His sugars were in a more normal range at midnight and 4am, and that's good. Hopefully we've got the amount of slow acting insulin at the right dose now.
Connor is quickly learning that he's actually sick. He tried to follow a normal routine this morning, including wanting to cook his own eggs. 
After standing for about 20 min and walking downstairs once he almost passed out. Light-headed, nauseous, he said he felt hot, but clammy and sweaty. Lying down helped. 
He finally managed to sit up and eat. I've suggested he let us help him more, but until that happened he really wanted to just be "normal". I'm hovering between helping too much and not enough - trying to give him space and yet not let him exhaust himself. We'll learn the balance eventually. 
He's back in bed asleep already. Sadly I have to wake him in 30 min to check his blood again 😔.
Now I'm making the appointments for the week, two at the endocrinologist and then chemo at the clinic. This is our life right now.

Comments

  1. Day 1 of your new normal! You got this!❣

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there’s anything I can do, please let me know.

    Adriane Eoga

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart aches with each post. I know you guys have got this ... but I so wish you didn’t have to. I’m glad to hear Connor is home and that you are all finding your new jobs, places, and balances. I tried to google a big Star Wars challenge ... that wasn’t helpful ... but like a challenge from Star Wars ... You guys will come out on top stronger for the journey. I am so not cool! :(. Love, blessings, and prayers. 💕K/C/M/L

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Erin. Sending so very much love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lord I ask your hand upon Connor and his family for full healing.
    Lord bring them into your arms at this time and give them comfort in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

April 21

Sept 28th - UPDATED 4:00pm

June 24